
This was when he served his high-altitude 2 year period (1978-1981) posting at Ladhak-Kargil sector. He held the position of second-in command here.
The officers are permitted to bring their families for a period of 4 months during their tenure. I vaguely remember our stay there in a glass house with bunker beds ! It was very exciting for us! I remember a big Sigri (coal heater) was at the center of the house, though I don't think we used it as it was summer time.
There are many more exciting memories of those 2 months, but most of mine are formed by the stories told by my brother, sister & parents. Maybe my siblings can pitch in here as they were old enough to know what was happening!
The officers are permitted to bring their families for a period of 4 months during their tenure. I vaguely remember our stay there in a glass house with bunker beds ! It was very exciting for us! I remember a big Sigri (coal heater) was at the center of the house, though I don't think we used it as it was summer time.
There are many more exciting memories of those 2 months, but most of mine are formed by the stories told by my brother, sister & parents. Maybe my siblings can pitch in here as they were old enough to know what was happening!
1 comment:
Yes we stayed in kargil .sigri was used although it was in June months cold was thereso it was lightedeveryday by the helper .we went to leh and we sat at Indus river and had breakfast
.the water is so cool and crystal clear
Post a Comment